We are seeking a skilled and experienced Bindery Person to join our print shop team. As a Bindery Person, you will be responsible for operating various printing bindery equipment, including a Folder, Cutter, Perfect Binder, Collator, and Offset Press. Your expertise in these machines and your attention to detail will ensure that our printed materials are finished to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Operate printing bindery equipment, such as a Folder, Cutter, Perfect Binder, Collator, and Offset Press.
- Set up and adjust machinery for different print jobs, ensuring precise measurements, alignment, and adherence to specifications.
- Monitor and maintain the performance of bindery equipment, troubleshooting and resolving any operational issues or malfunctions.
- Ensure the proper handling and organization of printed materials throughout the binding process, maintaining order and efficiency.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on bindery equipment, including cleaning, lubrication, and minor repairs.
- Collaborate with other team members, such as press operators and graphic designers, to ensure smooth workflow and timely completion of projects.
- Follow established quality control procedures to inspect finished products, checking for accuracy, consistency, and overall appearance.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of printed materials for shipment or delivery, including collating, folding, trimming, and binding.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
- Stay updated with industry trends, techniques, and advancements in bindery technology to enhance skills and optimize production processes.
- Previous experience operating printing bindery equipment, including a Folder, Cutter, Perfect Binder, Collator, and Offset Press.
- Proficient knowledge of the setup, operation, and maintenance of bindery machinery.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve equipment malfunctions or production issues.
- Knowledge of different binding techniques and processes, such as folding, trimming, collating, and perfect binding.
- Basic computer skills for equipment setup and digital file management.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work on different shifts, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Commitment to workplace safety protocols and maintaining a clean work environment.